Our mission is the care and protection of our natural environment, recognizing its importance for all forms of life, for present and future generations and in the sustainable development of the country.
We use to protection of the environment, rural development, rural communities and families directly involved in the conservation and/or sustainable management of natural environment and resource. The organization use often to organize education programme in schools, is engaged in promoting sustainable income generation (particularly low-impact tourism) and is involved in species specific conservation and research in-line with national and local priorities.
Over the last years, we have been involved in environmental and nature conservation projects through improved land and natural resource management in the surrounding areas, assisting local authorities in achieving sustainable development goals, encouraging and supporting young people in addressing environmental concerns and improving the availability of conservation related information at the national and local levels.
Our vision is:
A clean, healthy and well protected environment supporting a sustainable society and economy
As stated in ILIRIA’s constitution, the primary objectives of our organization are:
• To encourage and support the sustainable development through conservation and/or management of the natural environment/resources.
• To facilitate better co-ordination and collaboration between government and non-government organizations involved in environmental matters.
• To work with schools and other learning institutions to stimulate interest in environment and increase practical skills and experience in environmental subjects.
• To facilitate the use of appropriate technologies that reduces human impact on the environment.
• To encourage and support income-generating activities those are sustainable and have a positive social and environmental impact.
• To encourage and support the application of traditional knowledge and practices in the management and conservation of natural resources in Albania.
• To raise awareness of environment issues of importance and provide follow-up and support as and when appropriate.
• The ILIRIA is a democratic non-government organization.
• The ILIRIA is an independent organization and is not affiliated with any political party, or religious organization.
• The ILIRIA will not act on behalf of, solicit for, or advocate on behalf of any political party or religious organizations.
• The ILIRIA is committed to the goals and objectives set out in this constitution and will not accept funding or any other form of support from groups, organization or individuals which would require it to act in a manner contrary to its stated goals and objectives.
• The ILIRIA is a nonprofit/not for profit organization. Any and all funds raised by the organization are to be used solely for the purposes of the organization in pursuing its stated goals and objectives.
• The ILIRIA will endeavor to work co-operatively with other NGOs, community groups, government organizations and interested individuals and organizations at all times.